SEARCH   
MEMBER LOGIN    

Medical Group Practice Management in the US: Market Research Report

Market Research • Market Size • Industry Statistics • Industry Analysis • Industry Trends

Medical Group Practice Management Market Research Report | Advisory & Financial Services | Other Outsourced Functions | Jun 2014

Take care: A trend toward group practices and healthcare reform will drive strong growth

IBISWorld’s Medical Group Practice Management market research report can be used to help you: understand market size and growth potential; major companies; draft business plans and pitch books; and conduct benchmarking and SWOT analysis. Our industry analysis highlights macro industry trends in the overall sector and micro trends faced by companies that do business in the industry. The industry report also provides key industry statistics and 5-year forecasts to anticipate future industry prospects so you can decide with confidence.

Report Snapshot
Market Share of Companies
There are no companies with a dominant market share
Industry Statistics & Market Size
Revenue
$296bn
Annual Growth 09-14
6.2%
Annual Growth 14-19
Purchase to read more
Profit
Purchase to read more
Employment
1,720,814
Businesses
236,735
Industry Analysis & Industry Trends

In the past five years, the industry has grown as more physicians have integrated into larger provider networks to gain advantages such as increased negotiating power with insurance carriers and greater purchasing power. In the next five years, industry revenue is forecast to rise further, driven by healthcare reform provisions and aging demographics. However, ongoing shortages of medical personnel may restrain rapid industry growth.... purchase to read more

Industry Report - Industry Locations Chapter

The distribution of medical group practice establishments is strongly influenced by the population size and economic development of a region, the regions' professional climate and the extent of social amenities in a region. Medical group practice management companies are concentrated in areas where physician services are most competitive and, therefore, reflect their distribution. According to the American Medical Association (AMA), the Mid-Atlantic states have the highest physician-to-population ratio; the Great Lakes and Plains states have the lowest.

Physicians tend to cluster in urban areas, close to hospitals and education centers. AMA data shows that nearly 75.0% of physicians are located in metropolitan areas, while the remaining almost 25.0% are located in rural areas... purchase to read more

 


Industry ProductsRelated ReportsTable of Contents

What is the Medical Group Practice Management Industry?

This industry comprises medical groups of physicians of various disciplines, including primary care physicians and specialist doctors. Medical group practices are defined as three or more physicians engaged in the practice of medicine as a legal entity sharing business management, facilities, records and personnel.

Industry Products
Family practice servicesInternal medicine servicesPediatric servicesDiagnostic radiology servicesObstetrics or gynecology servicesOther services
 
Industry Activities
Providing family practice servicesProviding internal medicine servicesProviding pediatric servicesProviding other medical and management services


View Sample
Quote
Select Clients