SEARCH   
MEMBER LOGIN    

Mattress Manufacturing in the US: Market Research Report

Market Research • Market Size • Industry Statistics • Industry Analysis • Industry Trends

Mattress Manufacturing Market Research Report | NAICS 33791 | Jan 2016

Springing ahead: Technological developments and increased demand will drive sales

IBISWorld’s Mattress Manufacturing market research report can be used to help you: understand market size and growth potential; major companies; draft business plans and pitch books; and conduct benchmarking and SWOT analysis. Our industry analysis highlights macro industry trends in the overall sector and micro trends faced by companies that do business in the industry. The industry report also provides key industry statistics and 5-year forecasts to anticipate future industry prospects so you can decide with confidence.

Report Snapshot
Industry Statistics & Market Size
Revenue
$9bn
Annual Growth 11-16
4.3%
Annual Growth 16-21
Add to Cart
Profit
Add to Cart
Employment
18,526
Businesses
323
Industry Analysis & Industry Trends

Mattress manufacturers can rest easy because a recovery is on the way. Improving disposable incomes and a recovering housing market will drive sales of new (and more high-end) mattresses. The mattress production process has become leaner and quicker, which will improve profit margins and make US-made mattresses more attractive to foreign buyers due to their speedy delivery times. Input prices will continue to increase, but will be less volatile, giving manufacturers ample time to prepare for any fluctuations... purchase to read more

Industry Report - Industry Key Buyers Chapter

Concentration in the Mattress Manufacturing industry is medium, since the top four players hold 53.9% of the market share. About 319 companies compete for the remaining 46.1% of the market. Major player Sealy (prior to being acquired) has traditionally been the industry leader, and was number one in shipments for several decades beginning in the 1970s. However, strong consumer demand for specialty mattresses helped Serta pull ahead of Sealy in 2011, and Serta continues to hold the number-one position. In 2016, IBISWorld estimates that Serta and Simmons will have market share of 17.6% and 10.8%, respectively. Select Comfort and Tempur Sealy are expected to have market share of 15.8% and 9.7%, respectively.

Over the past five years, market share concentration has increased... purchase to read more

 


Industry ProductsRelated ReportsTable of Contents

What is the Mattress Manufacturing Industry?

The Mattress Manufacturing industry produces mattresses and bases for retailers, wholesalers, hospitals, hotels and the export markets. The industry produces innerspring, box spring and non-innerspring mattresses. Non-innerspring mattresses include waterbeds and beds made from rubber and latex.

Industry Products
Innerspring mattressesFoam mattressesAirbedsFutons and waterbeds
 
Industry Activities
Manufacturing innerspring mattressesManufacturing box spring mattressesManufacturing non-innerspring mattressesManufacturing mattresses for waterbeds


View Sample
Quote
Select Clients