SEARCH   
MEMBER LOGIN    

Paper Mills in the US: Market Research Report

Market Research • Market Size • Industry Statistics • Industry Analysis • Industry Trends

Paper Mills Market Research Report | NAICS 32212 | Jun 2014

Paper jam: Foreign competition and declining demand signal trouble for paper mills

IBISWorld’s Paper Mills market research report can be used to help you: understand market size and growth potential; major companies; draft business plans and pitch books; and conduct benchmarking and SWOT analysis. Our industry analysis highlights macro industry trends in the overall sector and micro trends faced by companies that do business in the industry. The industry report also provides key industry statistics and 5-year forecasts to anticipate future industry prospects so you can decide with confidence.

Report Snapshot
Market Share of Companies
Industry Statistics & Market Size
Revenue
$48bn
Annual Growth 09-14
0.6%
Annual Growth 14-19
Add to Cart
Profit
Add to Cart
Employment
64,398
Businesses
147
Industry Analysis & Industry Trends

Over the past five years, foreign competition has continued its upward trend. Simultaneously, domestic revenue contracted sharply as the recession pulsed through key buying sectors in business and advertising. In the coming years, paper mills will continue to face declining revenue and rising import penetration. Competition from electronic communication will stifle revenue, resulting in few growth opportunities. To survive, paper mills will focus on value-added products, but revenue will continue to fall... purchase to read more

Industry Report - Industry Products Chapter

Printing, writing, industrial and converting papers

Diverse products ranging from printing, writing, industrial and converting papers represent the industry's largest product line, contributing 44.6% to total revenue. This is a decline of 5.3% from its 49.9% of revenue in 2009. Within this category, the majority of revenue is derived from the sale of uncoated printing and writing papers, followed by small amounts of coated papers, industrial and converting papers. Other papers accounted for in this product group include bristol papers, which are a heavy-duty alternative to traditional paper and are typically used to make greeting cards and book covers.

Printing and writing papers represent the largest single product for the industry... purchase to read more

 


Industry ProductsRelated ReportsTable of Contents

What is the Paper Mills Industry?

The Paper Mills industry manufactures paper in paper mills from pulp, a fibrous material derived from wood. Mill operators may manufacture their own pulp or purchase it. Industry products include paper rolls and reams, including printing and writing paper, newsprint, packaging material and household papers. These products are wholesaled to individual consumers, businesses and downstream manufacturers who may further convert paper products into specialty paper products.

Industry Products
NewsprintOther papersPrinting, writing, industrial and converting papersHousehold and sanitary paper
 
Industry Activities
Manufacturing paper rolls from pulp, including printing and writing paper, packaging paper and industrial paperManufacturing clay coated paperManufacturing absorbent sanitary and tissue paperManufacturing newsprint


View Sample
Quote
Select Clients