SEARCH   
MEMBER LOGIN    

Wind Power in the US: Market Research Report

Market Research • Market Size • Industry Statistics • Industry Analysis • Industry Trends

Wind Power Market Research Report | NAICS 22111d | Sep 2014

High winds: A strengthening US economy and growing demand for electricity will benefit the industry

IBISWorld’s Wind Power market research report offers insightful industry analysis and research into the market at the national level. IBISWorld’s in-depth industry market research is presented in a logical and consistent format. The industry report contains key industry statistics, market size, industry trends, and growth and profit forecasts for a 5-year outlook period.

Report Snapshot
Industry Statistics & Market Size
Revenue
$8bn
Annual Growth 09-14
18.1%
Annual Growth 14-19
Add to Cart
Profit
Add to Cart
Employment
3,246
Businesses
140
Industry Analysis & Industry Trends

The Wind Power industry generates revenue from owning and operating wind farms and selling the produced energy to downstream customers. Over the past five years, favorable government assistance has made this energy source cost competitive with other electricity-generation sources, lifting wind power's share of the total electricity generated in the United States. However, the federal production tax credit (PTC) expired on December 31, 2013, and no new tax incentive has been established, which will likely constrain industry growth by increasing wind farm construction costs. In the five years to 2019, stronger economic activity and a focus on energy independence and reducing greenhouse gas emissions will contribute to growth in wind power production... purchase to read more

Industry Report - Industry Products Chapter

The Wind Power industry produces a single product, electricity, from a single energy source, wind. Industry companies build out wind farms with varying electric capacities depending on the size of the land available and the strength of wind flows in the area. About 85.0% of wind electricity is generated by independent power producers, while the remaining 15.0% is produced by electric utility companies.

Utility scale wind

Utility scale wind, estimated to account for 69.7% of industry revenue, is defined as wind farms that have greater than one megawatt (MW) of energy capacity. One MW of energy equates to enough power to provide electricity to 200 US households... purchase to read more

 


Industry ProductsRelated ReportsTable of Contents

What is the Wind Power Industry?

Companies in this industry operate wind farms, which consist of wind-operated turbines that are used to generate electricity.

Industry Products
Utility scale generationDistributed generation
 
Industry Activities
Generating wind power


View Sample
Quote
Select Clients