SEARCH   
MEMBER LOGIN    

Specialist Doctors in the US: Market Research Report

Market Research • Market Size • Industry Statistics • Industry Analysis • Industry Trends

Specialist Doctors Market Research Report | NAICS 62111b | Oct 2014

Healthy diagnosis: The recovering economy and increased healthcare coverage will improve revenue

IBISWorld’s Specialist Doctors market research report can be used to help you: understand market size and growth potential; major companies; draft business plans and pitch books; and conduct benchmarking and SWOT analysis. Our industry analysis highlights macro industry trends in the overall sector and micro trends faced by companies that do business in the industry. The industry report also provides key industry statistics and 5-year forecasts to anticipate future industry prospects so you can decide with confidence.

Report Snapshot
Market Share of Companies
There are no companies with a dominant market share
Industry Statistics & Market Size
Revenue
$299bn
Annual Growth 09-14
2.4%
Annual Growth 14-19
Add to Cart
Profit
Add to Cart
Employment
1,782,865
Businesses
217,325
Industry Analysis & Industry Trends

In recent years, the Specialist Doctors industry has benefited from a rise in demand for the industry's services, thanks to an aging population and the growing prevalence of chronic diseases. While the economic environment is forecast to improve over the next five years, profit growth is expected to be mild through 2019. Meanwhile, an aging population and healthcare reform will bolster demand for industry services, as more people have gained healthcare insurance coverage as a result of healthcare reform... purchase to read more

Industry Report - Industry Locations Chapter

A number of factors affect the distribution of specialist physicians, including the population size and economic development of a region, the regions' professional climate and the extent of social amenities in the region. According to the American Medical Association (AMA), the Mid-Atlantic states have the highest physician-to-population ratio and the Great Lakes and Plains states have the lowest.

Physicians tend to cluster in urban areas, close to hospitals and education centers. AMA data shows that about 75.0% of physicians operate in metropolitan areas, while the remaining 25.0% are located in rural areas... purchase to read more

 


Industry ProductsRelated ReportsTable of Contents

What is the Specialist Doctors Industry?

A specialist doctor is a physician whose practice is limited to a particular branch of medicine or surgery. This industry includes establishments or health practitioners with a Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) degree. These individuals primarily practice specialized medicine, such as anesthesiology, oncology and ophthalmology, or surgery. This industry does not include primary care physicians or mental health specialists.

Industry Products
Internal medicinePediatricsObstetrics and gynecologyAnesthesiologyGeneral surgeryEmergency medicineDermatology and cosmetic surgery
 
Industry Activities
Providing internal medicine servicesProviding pediatrics servicesProviding obstetrics and gynecology servicesProviding anesthesiology servicesOperating Doctor of Medicine (MD) (except mental health) offices Operating surgical (except dental) officesOperating Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) and mental health offices Operating mental health physician offices


View Sample
Quote
Select Clients