SEARCH   
MEMBER LOGIN    

Commercial Banking in the US: Market Research Report

Market Research • Market Size • Industry Statistics • Industry Analysis • Industry Trends

Commercial Banking Market Research Report | NAICS 52211 | Jun 2014

Bank on it: Despite recessionary setbacks, returning economic confidence will revive revenue

IBISWorld’s Commercial Banking market research report offers insightful industry analysis and research into the market at the national level. IBISWorld’s in-depth industry market research is presented in a logical and consistent format. The industry report contains key industry statistics, market size, industry trends, and growth and profit forecasts for a 5-year outlook period.

Report Snapshot
Industry Statistics & Market Size
Revenue
$426bn
Annual Growth 09-14
1.6%
Annual Growth 14-19
Add to Cart
Profit
Add to Cart
Employment
1,293,176
Businesses
5,643
Industry Analysis & Industry Trends

Although the industry experienced severe ups and downs over the past five years, commercial banks are set to recover in the five years to 2019. Banks endured massive loan losses as a result of the credit crisis, causing revenue to contract significantly. However, improving consumer confidence and corporate profit will facilitate improvements in the credit market, enabling operators to grow their deposits and offer competitive rates... purchase to read more

Industry Report - Industry Products Chapter

The Commercial Banking industry earns interest revenue from loan products and noninterest revenue from fees and other services. In 2014, about 70.0% of industry revenue is expected to come from interest income from loans, while the remaining 30.0% will come from service fees.

Real estate loans

This category includes all mortgage products for retail consumers, including loans secured by refinancing activity and lease financing and receivables. Real estate loans account for an estimated 40.0% of commercial banking revenue in 2014, which is largely unchanged from 2009, as mortgage markets have yet to recover from the subprime mortgage crisis.

Mortgage product offerings are for home purchasing and refinancing needs and have fixed or variable rates... purchase to read more

 


Industry ProductsRelated ReportsTable of Contents

What is the Commercial Banking Industry?

This industry comprises banks that provide financial services to retail and business clients in the form of commercial, industrial and consumer loans. Banks accept deposits from customers, which are used as sources of funding for loans. Banks in this industry are regulated by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency.

Industry Products
Depository servicesReal estate loansLoans to individualsCommercial loans
 
Industry Activities
Receiving deposits from customersIssuing consumer, commercial and industrial loans


View Sample
Quote
Select Clients