SEARCH   
MEMBER LOGIN    

Bed & Mattress Stores in the US: Market Research Report

Market Research • Market Size • Industry Statistics • Industry Analysis • Industry Trends

Bed & Mattress Stores Market Research Report | Consumer Goods & Services | Houseware Stores | Mar 2015

Rise and shine: Consumers that put off buying new mattresses during the recession will start buying again

IBISWorld’s Bed & Mattress Stores market research report offers insightful industry analysis and research into the market at the national level. IBISWorld’s in-depth industry market research is presented in a logical and consistent format. The industry report contains key industry statistics, market size, industry trends, and growth and profit forecasts for a 5-year outlook period.

Report Snapshot
Market Share of Companies
Mattress Firm Mattress Firm market share
Select Comfort Select Comfort market share
Sleepy's Sleepy's market share
Industry Statistics & Market Size
Revenue
$12bn
Annual Growth 10-15
1.1%
Annual Growth 15-20
Purchase to read more
Profit
Purchase to read more
Employment
46,048
Businesses
7,019
Industry Analysis & Industry Trends

When the residential real estate market dipped due to the subprime mortgage crisis, consumers bought fewer homes and, therefore, fewer beds and mattresses over the past five years. Due to the tough conditions, most stores thinned their workforce and lowered wages to remain in business. However, as disposable income and new household formation rebound, so too will Bed and Mattress Stores revenue. Pent-up demand, as well as enticing new technology, will lift revenue in the five years to 2020.... purchase to read more

Industry Report - Industry Key Buyers Chapter

The industry is characterized by having a low level of concentration, with the top three players accounting for 37.9% of industry revenue. This leaves 62.1% of industry revenue, with each operator generating an average $1.0 million in 2015. Because of the industry's highly fragmented nature, each remaining player accounts for less than 1.0% of industry revenue.

Market share concentration has strongly risen in the past five years. Concentration rose as a result of underperforming firms going out of business and acquisitions. For instance, major player Mattress Firm acquired Mattress Giant in April 2012, with the acquisition expected to boost the company's market share from 5.0% in 2010 to 20.9% in 2015... purchase to read more

 


Industry ProductsRelated ReportsTable of Contents

What is the Bed & Mattress Stores Industry?

This industry sells sleep equipment, including mattresses, box springs, cots, bedding, pillows and waterbeds. The industry excludes wholesale furniture distributors such as department stores or direct non-store retailers, as well as sales of other bedroom furniture. Revenue from sales of sleep sofas, daybeds, futons and other dual-purpose furniture is not included in industry revenue.

Industry Products
Traditional mattressesOther, including bedding and pillowsFrames and box springsSpecialty mattresses
 
Industry Activities
Retailing sleep equipmentMarketing sleep equipment


View Sample
Quote
Select Clients